Following is a link to a press release from WSA.


In summary, their water samples were tested at the U of R and indicated minute levels of the toxin associated with the blue-green algae blooms last fall that were trapped within the ice; way less than the max recommended for recreational use.

The scientist that did the testing said that she would have no problem letting her dog drink from the lake where they took samples even though the press release says pets and livestock shouldn’t consume the water. She suggested that there may be other areas that they didn’t test where the toxins could be at a higher level.